PATY PLANNING TIPS
Three to Four Weeks before the big event
- Set a budget and stick to it.
- Determine what type of party you will have from formal to casual.
- Create a guest list.
- Select an event date.
- Purchase and send out the invitations (Usually four weeks ahead of the event)
Two to Three weeks before the big event
- Track your RSVP to get an idea of the head count
- Determine a basic party flow for the event including activities, games, mingling and food. Always have a few extra ideas available.
- Plan your menu.
- Purchase Favors.
- Select decorations and purchase them.
One week before the big event
- Purchase all food items.
- Prep or prepare food ahead of time as allowed.
- Prepare an outline of everything that needs to be done before the party.
- Update the outline of the party flow.
- Finalize the headcount, but be flexible that it will change.
- Purchase beverages.
Two to three days before the big event
- Confirm all orders placed.
- Reconfirm the headcount, make a polite call to those you have not heard from via RSVP.
- Buy any fresh food required.
- Check for ample amounts of film and batteries.
- Say yes to the friends and family who are asking to help, give them a specific task from your prepared outline.
The day before the big event
- Complete food preparation and pick up of pre-ordered food items.
- Decorate for the party.
- Set table/serving table. Layout all napkins, cups, bowls, utensils, serving dishes, bottle openers, etc.
- Place a sticky pad in each bowl or counter area indicating what goes where.
- Select music to fit the theme and the desires of the guests.
The day of the big event
- Prepare foods and beverages that could not be made ahead of time.
- Put up all outdoor decorations, it is always best to do this the day of the party.
- Start the music, set the mood.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get ready for the event, a long bath, glass of wine, quick dance, and exercise, whatever gets you in the right mood.
- Place disposable cameras around; put out your camera to capture memories.